The Xiaomi Mi A3 was launched in Aug-2019, and it was powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor with 4GB Ram and 64GB storage. Based on the Android 10 operating system, and it was good midrange devices covered all the aspects of usability except the display. 720 x 1560 pixels, 283 PPI, a Super AMOLED display was disappointed a lot of users, but other than that it was a good device.
The Mi A3 was received quick support from the custom development community in a very short amount of time. A serious reason for that the phone was runs near-stock Android since it is running Google’s Android One program. This makes it easier to finish custom development for the developers.
You can simply root your Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk to modify the phone’s computer code systemless-ly, and also Magisk packed with a lot of other features. In this guide, I will help you to root your Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk with TWRP.
Rooting your mobile can help to use the full potential of the hardware and make your device super customizable, and also you can use rooted apps, trying multiple custom ROMs, etc…
Unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device will void your warranty, and you will no longer receive the OTA from your OEMs, Ctrenz.com is not responsible if any damage to your device or data occurs while following this guide.
- Make sure to backup all of your data from your mobile, because unlocking the mobile bootloader will erase all of your internal storage data and completely reset your mobile.
- Make sure your mobile battery was more than 60%. To avoid the unnecessary power off.
- ADB/Fastboot Platform tools
- Download TWRP recovery.img file
- Download Magisk.zip file
- Download Orange fox Recovery.zip file
- Download Disable Force Encryption Treble.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 was android one device, so we don’t need any permission from Xiaomi, you can directly unlock your mobile.
- Enable developer options, settings–>about phone–> Build number tap 7 times to enable developer options.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in your developer options.
- Turn off your mobile. Press Volume down + power button simultaneously to boot in to fastboot mode.
Now Connect Mi A3 and your computer using data cable, launch the fastboot tool on your computer and then type the below listed commands.
It shows the connected devices, make sure that your devices was connected properly.
fastboot flashing unlock
This code will execute successfully then your mobile will reboot and all of your data will erase, after normal boot up, turn off your mobile and again boot into mobile to fastboot mode.
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
Now your mobile was reboot and boot into normal OS. Now your mobile bootloader was unlocked.
Flash TWRP for Mi A3
- Turn off your mobile and boot into fastboot mode by pressing the volume down+ power button.
- Copy and paste the TWRP.img file to platform tool folder.
- Launch the fastboot tool on your computer, and connect your mobile to PC using data cable.
- to check your mobile was connected with PC.
fastboot set_active b
- If the above comment was not worked then type below command.
fastboot set_active a
- After succeed above commend then type below command to flash the TWRP.
fastboot flash boot TWRP.img
- Replace the TWRP.img to exact name of your twrp file name.
fastboot reboot recovery
After that your mobile was boot into TWRP recovery, now copy the orangefox recovery file, magisk and disable force encryption files to your internal storage.
- Wipe ->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data
- Return to home menu, select install -> OrangeFox Installer.Zip
- After successful installation return to home reboot -> recovery
- Now orange fox recovery was boot on your mobile
- Now Install-> disable force encryption.zip
- Return to the home menu and install -> magisk.zip file, after successful installation, format your internal data to avoid the unnecessary boot loops, because we are decrypt our mobile.
Now enjoy the rooted Mi a3. If you’re facing any issues while rooting your Mi A3, comment your problems briefly to identify the issues and debugging. Happy rooting!